Techarenan Challenge is an annual entrepreneurship competition and tech venue open to all Swedish and Nordic startups and growth companies.
All finalists win a spot at the main events of Techarenan. The finals for 2020 will be held during two occasions:
- June 9th where 15 out of the final 50 companies will compete for the awards: Startup Company of the Year, Growth Company of the Year as well as the Business Award. This occasion will take place in Stockholm and will be live- streamed across the Nordics. (Companies from outside of Sweden will be able to pitch via link)
- November 13th where all 50 companies will be part of the tech exhibition at Techarenan Summit in Stockholm (3 000 + visitors) and have an opportunity to network, participate in business meetings and compete for The Publics Choice Award, Social Impact Award as well as The Industry Award.
The price in each category ensures a spot on the Winners Delegation business trip. Previous trips have gone to New York & Silicon Valley, Tokyo & Seoul and Sao Paulo.
The list of the 50 most prominent companies will be released during the first week of June.
The Techarenan Challenge has the purpose of acknowledging entrepreneurship and give entrepreneurs the opportunity to showcase their company’s products and services on a public arena. The competition also aims to highlight Sweden and the Nordic region as hotbeds for innovative, emerging enterprises that change, improve, and develop their industries on a global level as well as function as a connecting platform for entrepreneurs, business leaders, investors, media, politicians, and partners.
Winner Delegation Trip
Winners gets a spot on the winners delegation trip with the purpose of gathering inspiration and network that will excel your business event further. You will meet investors, potential business partners and visit some of the largest and most prominent tech companies in the world.
The competition is open to all entrepreneur-led companies regardless of their area of business/business sector. The company must:
- Be entrepreneur-driven
- Be based on a unique technology/concept/business idea
The jury assesses the companies and their business idea based on:
- Market potential
- Global applicability
- Team skills/competency
Apply to Techarenan 2020, Last day May 14 2020.
Rules & Terms
By participating, you and the company (i) agree to Techarenan terms and conditions for participation and (ii) confirm that the information you submit is truthful. You must ensure that you or the company owns and produced all submitted photographs, text, and other material. All entries must be received no later than Wednesday, 14 May 2020. (Companies that have been nominated after May 11 will be given an extended registration period).
Competition managers (and external experts, if necessary) review your application. All materials that you submit in connection with the competition will be treated as public information. If there are specific reasons why certain information must remain confidential during the initial selection process, then you are responsible for notifying the competition managers in the submission form field that asks for additional information.
All presentations occur before the jury and will be streamed online. Competition management reserves the right (if deemed appropriate) to indefinitely use parts of the presentation for communication and marketing purposes.
- Competition management reserves the right to terminate or modify Techarenan without prior notification.
- The jury’s decision in all Techarenan phases is final and cannot be appealed.
- Competition management cannot be held liable for any losses or damages suffered by competing companies, as a consequence of participation in Techarenan.
By participating in Techarenan 2020, you agree that competition management may:
- Publish and display your contribution for communication and marketing purposes before, during, and after the competition, where and when appropriate.
- Use images, text, and materials that you send and generated during the competition for communication and marketing purposes, for an unlimited period without remuneration.
The personal data you provide in connection with the registration for the competition eg. company name, name and e-mail address is used to administrate the competition procedure. It can also be used for marketing activities for upcoming events organized by Serendipity Communications. We save your data up to three (3) years.
The personal data you provide in connection with the registration for the competition eg. company name, name and e-mail address can also be shared with the competition partners for marketing activities. However, this is regulated so that you only receive relevant marketing approved by Techarenan’s management.
Founder and Head of competition
+46(0)73-525 25 09
+46(0)73-998 89 50